Search:
Go Back Dark Age Wars Forums > Down to Business > Feature Requests
Reload this Page
The reason this game is dead or dying...
:
:

Old 08-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Peasant

Send a message via Skype™ to £England
Default The reason this game is dead or dying...

Listed below is the numbers for a battle I fought with a player that has been inactive for over 11 WEEKS.

Player Deployed Kills Remaining
England 4645 955 0
Gad0 1160 4645 205

Maybe Barbosa or one of the other developers of this game, that I have been testing for over 2 years now, can explain to me and the others, the mathematics of such profound results.

Let's take a ride in the time machine, and go back to the year 1109.....

You have left your Castle to go some place warm and quite, but have left 1160 of your troops behind to keep guard over the place. They have been there for some time now, with no idea what is to become of them...MORALE would drop GREATLY...

Now 4645 well trained, fully armed men crash through the walls. The odds are STAGGERING, four well trained, well armed men ATTACKING each and every defender. Yes that is 4 people surrounding just one ....stabbing, hacking with swords, riding by and lobbing off heads, smashing heads with shields, sticking pikes in their eyes....you get the picture.

How in the hell does the math work, that these lowly 1160 troops, that are greatly outnumbered, win this battle??????????????????????

It took many many hours and days to assembly such an army, with only 3 cities, and to have them destroyed in one battle that should have been a massive victory for the attacker, is just not right, and is going to be a very very big problem, if you want people to join, play and spend real hard earned dollars on this game.

Maybe have a look around the map in Beta 1 and 2, and you will see just how many people are no longer active. I myself left the game for a few months, because of the major problems that the game was having, and the lack of support from the developers.

I logged in one day, and saw the newest screen, and thought I'd give it a go again, just to be as dismayed as I was when I left. I've read posts on the forum from people that have spent hard earned dollars, and are not even able to play the game because of some bug that has not been fixed.

There have been some very good people that gave a lot of their time, some even their money to test this game over the last two years. A lot of helpful information was given to the developers to make the game better. Some of us spent countless hours playing, building, fighting battles, trying to find the bugs, to what avail????? to have the game become something that is real cool to look at, but a real farce to play.

If I had the time, I would like to figure out exactly how many hours it took to build all three cities of mine up to the maximum level, and recruit and train all those men that died so shamelessly in battle to an INACTIVE player, someone that OBVIOUSLY LOST INTEREST in the game over 11 weeks ago.

Add all this to the fact that Rebel held territories no longer replenish themselves, so ranking an Heir is only possible by defeating another player, just adds to the frustration I suspect a lot of the people that still play the game feel.

Okay, I'll get down off the Apple Crate, and let others voice their concerns, and maybe just maybe the developers will start to listen to the people that want to play this game.

Respectfully
England

Last edited by £England; 08-05-2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Raven

As I agree that there is some fault with the battling system, it seems to be almost completely out of whack. However, maybe there is some factors that we are missing. I'm sure moral and the wall levels will play a great deal in how battles are won, and how battles are lost.

For the mean time until someone gives us more information on the battling system, might I suggest building nothing but Royal Cavalry? Not only are they great defenders their attack power is immense also, and I seem to be winning every battle with them.

I suggest having some sort of simulator. Everyone knows if you send a group of Militia to a rebel or player village you will see the enemies troop count and wall bonus.

Now, what if we could input those factors into a simulator that could be found, say on the players city when we click it? And then we input our troop counts along with our choice of siege weapon(s) and it gives the result of the battle without actually battling. It wouldn't have to be 100% accurate but a rough outline of the battle result would be nice, this would save us hours of game play: Travel too and from the city, rebuilding lost troops, retraining lost troops.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Squire (Level 1)

There is no math missing, there is no moral missing, no combat system parameter conditional flow based on troop property count missing.... There's just fun missing. And of course comitement. I've been locked out of the game for over 25 days because I hit the move capital button. And I'm a paying customer... "was"!

They don't give a shit. Don't waste your time. Just wait for Beta 171.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

just a tidbit of info it doesnt matter how well trained u are just one guy fighting 4 will have an advantage over the 4 cause he can hit who he wants but the 4 have to place well aimed hits wich is harder maby thats the sytem they are using for battles

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Peasant

Send a message via Skype™ to £England

King, my good man.....me and 3 of my friends will come pay you a visit. You can use as many of those bats you juggle with your feet, and I guarantee you, you will not win.

If one man is surrounded by four, the one man is going to be killed, he does not have the option of picking and choosing his hits, he will be picking and choosing which blows to protect himself from.

Maybe if every one of the defenders that was surrounded was BRUCE LEE, then yes I can see the logic behind this scenario.

What gets me the most is that there seems to be no support of any kind to this game any more. Back when it first started, there was always Hostmaster online, helping out with bugs and questions or concerns. Now...nothing or no one answering the questions. I myself payed money at one time to get some gold to better my defenses and such, but can't see the point of doing it again until long after this game goes Live...if it ever does.

I do agree that the developers have an AWESOME graphics guy, he has done wonders since the game first was available to play, but maybe they should look into hiring a few programmers to work on the bugs and mechanics of the game.

Respectfully
England
Old 08-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Squire (Level 1)

I think you're forgetting the wall. 4 - 1 on even ground is a no brainer, but when the attackers have to climb a wall into a defending weapon, any idiot with a pointy stick should be able to take on at least 2 enemies, if not more. A tiny bit of training, a man on a wall is worth at least 10 on the ground.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Squire (Level 1)

citys used to have defense, it was morale and controlled by your church level, when they switched it to the loyalty system, all defense advantages were gone, it seems the attacker always has the advantage now. so I agree with you
Old 08-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Game Moderator

The historical long view of Dark Age Wars is this... the game has gone through a couple of different code base changes. Some have made the game a winner and drawn more people than the servers could easily handle. Some of those changes have been not so good for the game. And the bug quota always seems to float out there too. Right now we have a less than fair playing environment and an above average number of bugs for the game. It does make the game less attractive BUT the next round of bug fixes should get us back to a more playable level and the code base changes being considered should make the game a tonne more playable and a lot of fun too.

It is interesting in the 4 years since England's comments the game has twice hit high-water marks for players and has at least once had fewer players than today. I guess I am about as close to an original player as there is still in-game but I am fairly sure the best days of DAW are yet to come.

And if it doesn't work out that way - one of you can always tell me "told ya so" ;-)

Regards JR - Game Moderator and Long-time player