Search:
Old 10-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Peasant

Default Scouting

How do we do scouting or reconnaisance to determine the troops defending the city and the level of the wall, fortifications and other buildings?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Peasant

We are considering adding this ability to the game, however the 2 ways you can tell how built up or defended a territory is now are:

1. The stage of the territory on the overworld map. There are 4 stages, and they are consistent with the level of castle on the territory.

2. By sending in a few units and getting a battle report.. the battle report will show you how many units and of what type you are fighting.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:05 AM
Peasant

Default Sending Few Units

Yup, sending few units can be done and still get a report. That also means that if I sent one unit of the cheapest troop type, I will have the information of the city and the massive army in it. This strategy will be exploited most at the disadvantage of the defending city. But if there's a way to counter scouting in this manner, by the use of scouts, and counter-espionage mechanics, getting a scouting report may add up to the challenge and strategy in-game.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Peasant

I think scout and anti-scout or something like that is very important in a war game, I think that is really necessary
Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Peasant

How about no report if the troops die in the first round? Maybe only a report on the enemy forces on 2nd round?
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

Adding spies or scouts have worked well in other games. And most use the scouts or spies as the counter for them also. So if I send 200 scouts to a village and that village has 500 scouts Ill not get a report back. Or vice versa too.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

i like that and also just sending one one works out in the defending citys advantage not disadvanteg cause heen they can go and build up and move armys to defend when u send a bigger army